We’re dedicating this page to Climate Change. Here at Links CVS we believe that by tackling climate change we can help improve the standard of living for everyone in our community. By supporting change, we can all help benefit our areas by providing:
- Cleaner air and improved health (the rise of pollutants in cities and towns has been linked to poor health).
- Better access to green spaces, providing pockets of peace and play-space to improve mental health as well as letting our wildlife thrive.
- Better public transport provisions - reducing air pollution and keeping us safe and connected.
- More safe and accessible cycle and walking routes, limiting our dependance on public transport
- Eco-heating provisions so we can end fuel poverty and poorly insulated homes.
Climate Change Archive
Transition Chesterfield was started in 2008 and since that time has involved hundreds of people in practical projects and activities to raise awareness of climate change and help to make Chesterfield more resilient, sustainable, low-carbon and locally self-sufficient.
Everyone’s Talking About Climate Change is a website portal developed by the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire's Local Authorities Energy Partnership & Marches Energy Agency. It is a place to learn more about what is being done to tackle the climate crisis by community groups, individuals and local authorities in Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire
Plastic Free Chesterfield is a community campaign dedicated to minimising Chesterfield’s contribution to the single-use plastic crisis. Chesterfield is an accredited Plastic Free Community with Surfers Against Sewage. Visit their website and sign up to their plastic-free pledge!
Links is proud to be a plastic free ally.